margaret_loves

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Picture Postcards

I wanted to play around with my new acrylic risers today and make a office scene in my Ikea Lekman roombox. I bought some Jonathan Adler origami paper at Barnes and Noble that I wanted to use as a rug. I found a postcard of an abstract painting in my collection that inspired the rest of the colors. This room is a mixture of miniatures and re-purposed items. I used my red CB2 Christmas ornament chair plus 2 from my REAC collection. The tables are acrylic risers found on ebay. The red table is a cap from a spray can. The white cube storage unit is Dollhouse Emporium. The accessories are mostly Re-Ment or made by me. The red thumbs-up sculpture is an eraser I bought at Target. I found a pack of them in different colors and poses that I thought would look interesting in a miniature scene. I only spent about 15 minutes putting it together. I like to imagine it as an office for a young, modern creative type.



The second room is in my thrifted dollhouse. I haven't really refurbished it yet, but I temporarily tacked some scrapbook paper to the walls and floors. I used a postcard image to inspire this room as well. The sofa and cushions are made by me (don't look at them too closely or you'll see how bad I am at sewing). The small bookcase is from Dollhouse Emporium. I found the other bookcase at an antique shop and painted it white. I am thinking of putting some paper or a contrasting color in the back of each shelf later on. The chair is REAC and the cubes are Garanamals building blocks. On the shelves are two tiny glass birds that were a Christmas gift. You can find them along with dozens of other glass animals at Toys R Us. They are really
cool little collectibles. It looks to me like an urban bachelor's living room.


No comments:

Post a Comment