margaret_loves

Saturday, January 7, 2012

margaret_loves Lucite

I love the Lucite trend-from Ghost chairs to CB2 tables-and I knew they should be fairly easy to create in miniature, but it took me several months to find just what I was looking for. I looked at some clear acrylic risers from The Container Store, which come in a variety of sizes, but with shipping I would have been paying way to much for a small bit of plastic. I knew there had to be more options out there. On ebay I found a set of three small risers for less than $5. Perfect. Here is a picture to give you a better idea of their scale-
The tallest makes a excellent desk (it would look great with nothing but an miniature Mac book on top!) and the shortest makes a nice low coffee table. The medium height table could also be a coffee table or end table, or perhaps a stand for a television. I am so excited to use these, it was small purchase that I can get a lot of mileage out of, as long as they don't go out of fashion any time soon :)

Chair: REAC Japan miniature Panton, rug is cut out from felt from Michael's, square ottomans are building blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment